Getting right into the boot construction, CCM used a high end, layer-formed black boot frame with strategic reinforcements used to promote a high level of support and energy transfer. Combine this with the Tacks AttackFrame composite core and you get a boot that is lightweight, rigid, and thermo-formable to give an anatomical and customized fit all around the skate. This fit profile provides a close fit in the heel and ankle with a medium width throughout the boot.
The 5092 features CCM’s heavy duty micro fiber lining on the inside of the skate, this is a liner used to provide comfort and durability with a high resistance to wear. This micro fiber also covers up the symmetrical multi-density memory foam pads found on the inside, these pads wrap around the player’s foot to further enhance the customized fit and overall comfort. Moving to the tongue, CCM used a 7mm traditional felt tongue equipped with reinforcement layers to increase comfort around the front of the ankle as well as providing excellent protection with an embossed lace-bite protector.
Lastly, we see the SpeedBlade 4.0 Holder which provides an additional four millimeters of height (when compared to the older E-Pro holder) mounted to the 5092. This holder allows for a greater angle of attack and more aggressive turns. Complementing the SpeedBlade 4.0 Holder is CCM’s SpeedBlade Stainless Steel runner. This is a high grade steel that provides a long lasting edge for long term performance.
- High end, layer-formed boot frame with strategic reinforcements, elite level support and energy transfer design
- Lightweight, rigid and thermo-formable AttackFrame core for maximum performance
- HD Microfiber liner adds high resistance to wear, while providing comfort and durability
- Symmetrical foam comfort pads wrap around player’s foot for customized fit and comfort
- 7mm felt tongue with reinforcement layers for increased comfort and protection
- Solid energy transfer profile outsole and air vent to keep feet dry and skates light
- Stiff profile that helps generate energy transfer with every stride and air vent to keep feet dry and skates light
- CCM Fit System footebed provides great support and comfort
- SpeedBlade 4.0 for proven durability with increased attack angle providing greater strides and cornering
- SpeedBlade Stainless provides a long lasting edge for long term performance